ADVERTISING SALES MANAGER
Beach Metro News is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to lead our advertising sales department. With focus on increasing revenue, this self-starter individual will create and maintain relationships with various businesses in the paper’s coverage area and outside.
- Ability to identify and pursue potential clients.
- Collect, grow, maintain, and analyze a lead database.
- Closing defined selling opportunities to drive revenue and hit overall business revenue targets.
- Initiate contact with potential advertisers.
- Understand client needs and tailor the appropriate solution.
- Building strong client relationships.
- Develop media kits that are appropriate to different markets.
- Create promotions to attract new leads.
- Work closely with creative to provide quality ads to clients, both print and digital.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Self motivated and highly driven by results.
- Business related post-secondary education preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience in media sales with a proven record of generating revenue.
- Independent, motivated, and results-oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem solver and strategical thinker.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with the Beach, Danforth East, Birch Cliff and surrounding neighbourhoods a plus.
Email cover letter and resume along with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention to the General Manager by Monday, February 20.