In the last issue we introduced 5 Minutes – 5 Questions. We hope you found it interesting and amusing to hear what Citizen of the Year, Gene Domagala had to say in response.
This issue we bring you another Citizen of the Year – and Beach Metro News columnist – Glenn Cochrane. I caught up with Glenn and his lovely wife Jean at the All Candidates Debate held Sept. 29 at St. John’s Norway Church. This is what Glenn had to say:
1. Your favourite place in the Beach? – “the Boardwalk.”
2. Hat or not ? – “ I wear a hat, when required.” (Glenn was upset that he had recently lost his favourite “trademark” straw cap.)
3. Beer, wine or whiskey? – “Wine.”
4. Car, truck, bike, or TTC? – “The TTC… and walking.”
5. Cat or dog? – “Cat.” (although Glenn & Jean miss their boxer)
Also at that meeting was Beach musician par excellence, Chris McKhool. McKhool is a co-founder of the group Sultans of String. The band will be performing a special CD release concert for their new recording, Move, Oct. 29 at Trinity St. Paul’s Church (see Entertainment Beat, page 16). Chris had these responses to our quick quiz:
1. Your favourite place in the Beach? – “The Glen Stewart Ravine.”
2. Hat or not? – “Hat.”
3. Beer, wine or whiskey? – “Red wine.”
4. Car, truck, bike, or TTC? – “Feet.” (I think he means walking.)
5. Cat or dog? – “Dog – definitely!”
Stay tuned to find out how other prominent Beachers answered.