Our 5 Minutes – 5 Questions spot is proving to be a very popular feature. People have emailed me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with their responses – unsolicited – and I think we may have to take it to a wider audience.
In the meantime I’ll continue with some of the responses I got while attending the All Candidates Meeting in September.
He was a busy guy at the meeting, fielding questions from voters in the audience, but local, and as it turned out re-elected MPP Michael Prue took time out for my questions. I think he thought I was going to grill him over NDP policy statements, but when I asked the first question he lightened up, and had fun with it.
1. Your favourite place in the Beach? – “The Balmy Beach Club”
2. Hat or not? – “I wear a hat only when it’s cold out. I like to protect my ears.”
3. Beer, wine or whiskey? – beer (although Michael admitted to enjoying wine with food)
4. Car, truck, bike, or TTC? – Car
5. Cat or dog? – Dogs
Also at that meeting was the current Chair of Community Centre 55, Debbie Visconti. Since taking over the helm of this busy community centre from former director Bob Murdoch, Debbie has been busy putting her own stamp on the place. She was delighted to take our quiz.
1. Your favourite place in the Beach? “Community Centre 55” (a no-brainer!)
2. Hat or not? – “hat”
3. Beer, wine or whiskey? – “wine”
4. Car, truck, bike, or TTC? – “bike”
5. Cat or dog? – “dog”
6. Heels or flats? – “Heels, definitely.”
Stay tuned for the next edition when we will present the responses from a couple of more prominent Beachers. RE/MAX Hallmark realtor Scott Lyall has been a two-time President of the Rotary Club Beaches. Toronto Sun Queen’s Park columnist, Christina Blizzard, is also a Special Advisor on the Beach Metro News board of directors.