Our 5 Minutes – 5 Questions spot is proving to be very popular. People have emailed me (email@example.com) with their responses, and I think we may have to take it to a wider audience.
While prowling the aisles of St. John’s Norway during the All Candidates Meeting back in September, I happened across Toronto Sun Queen’s Park columnist – and Beach Metro News board member – Christina Blizzard. We chatted briefly (I could see she was looking over my shoulder hoping to get a word with one of the candidates; it’s her job, after all) and sprung the 5 Questions on her. That stopped her in her tracks!
1. Your favourite place in the Beach? – “Either at the foot of Brimley, or down at the Waterworks – especially during a storm.”
2. Hat or not? – “A fascinator!” (Christina was over in London to cover the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, and probably had a great fascinator)
3. Beer, wine or whiskey? – “Chardonnay”
4. Car, truck, bike, or TTC? – “Car and the TTC.”
5. Cat or dog? – “Cat and a dog. I have my son’s dog for the time being.”
6. Heels or Flats? – “Heels.”
Scott Lyall, as well as being a busy sales rep with RE/MAX Hallmark Realty Ltd., has been twice the Past-President of the Beaches Rotary Club. Scott is also an avid golfer and member of the Toronto Hunt Club. He once did a charity event where he played 24 hours of golf.
1. Your favourite place in the Beach? – “The Toronto Hunt Club” (where else?)
2. Hat or not? – “No hat. With hair like mine you want to show it off!”
3. Beer, wine or whiskey? – “Red wine, specifically Cabernet Sauvignon”
4. Car, truck, bike, or TTC? – “I like my convertible.”
5. Cat or dog? – “Dog… definitely”
Stay tuned for the next edition of 5 Minutes – 5 Questions. I hope to make a few phone calls to Beachers across the spectrum. I might even go out onto the street and buttonhole someone. It may even be you!!