The popularity of this column continues. Everyone I meet says how much fun they are having reading it – and answering the questions I pose to them.
I recently cornered David Windrim, a retired Executive in Sales & Marketing for Bell Canada, founder of the Beach Triangle Association, and Past-President of the Board of Beach Metro News. We took a break here at the newspaper office after a bundling session where David volunteers his time.
1. Your favourite place in the Beach? – “Out on the point of Ashbridges Bay.”
2. Hat or not? – “I’ve worn a hat since I worked at Bell. It was part of the dress code.”
3. Beer, wine or whiskey? – “Wine.”
4. Car, truck, bike, or TTC? – “I use them all. I even have one of those new electric bike/scooters. And I regularly ride the TTC.”
5. Cat or dog? – “We have a cat at the moment.”
I phoned Ward 32 Councillor Mary-Margaret McMahon at her office in City Hall… and she answered her own phone! Now that’s ‘accessible’.
1. Your favourite place in the Beach? – “Interesting question. There are way too many to narrow down, but if I had to pick I’d pick the beach in front of the Leuty where I do yoga early on summer mornings. It’s so peaceful… the sun coming up… the water lapping at the shore…”
2. Hat or not? – “I love hats… on other people.”
3. Beer, wine or whiskey? – “Beer. I like local craft beers, especially Creemore. It’s close to my hometown.”
4. Car, truck, bike, or TTC? – “My legs mostly, then my bike, then the TTC… then my Prius.
5. Cat or dog? – “Our new dog Lucy. I promised the kids that we’d get a dog if I won [the election]. Lucy’s a Wheeton Terrier/Poodle, and she’s the cutest dog in the world!”
6. Heels or flats? – “Flats, because I’m on my feet a lot, they’re just more comfortable. I suppose I could do heels… but with training wheels.”