Martin Gladstone is a lawyer here in the Beach, and a musician/performer on the side. He took some time out from his busy schedule to answer the five questions.
1. Your favourite place in the Beach?
– “I know it’s not a conventional answer, but I’d have to say Cassell’s Park (in the Woodbine & Gerrard area). It’s where we walk our dogs.”
2. Hat or not? – “I wear a ball hat, but only when it rains.”
3. Beer, wine, or whiskey? – “Oh, wine…merlot.”
4. Car, truck, bike or TTC? – “Car, bike, and TTC. I use two wheels, four wheels, and trans wheels.”
5. Cat or dog? (from his previous answers I almost didn’t need to ask) – “Dog. We have two monsters, a half-Wheaten, and a rescue ‘pound hound.’”
Thomas Neal is a Sales Rep for Royal LePage Estate Realty, a Beach Metro News columnist, and one of the guys responsible for the ice rink in Glen Manor Park.
1. Your favourite place in the Beach? – “Glen Manor Park when I’m flooding the rink. On a cold winter’s night, at 2 in the morning, when it’s absolutely quiet, there is no more beautiful spot in the Beach. The rink is flooding well, the ice is as smooth as glass…it’s magical.”
2. Hat or not? – “No, I’m not a hat person. I wear a baseball hat occasionally, and a toque when I’m flooding the rink.”
3. Beer, wine, or whiskey? – “Beer and whiskey. I like Coor’s Light, and Seagram’s VO.”
4. Car, truck, bike, or TTC? – “I car.”
5. Cat or dog? – “Neither…but I don’t mind either.”