Girl, 6, suffers serious burn injuries after clothing caught fire at Teesdale Place apartment

Emergency crews were called to 30 Teesdale Place after a six-year-old girl's clothes caught fire. The girl suffered serious but not life threatening injuries.

A six-year-old girl suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries after her clothing caught fire while she was in an apartment in southwest Scarborough on Saturday afternoon.

Emergency crews were called to an apartment at 30 Teesdale Pl., in the Pharmacy and Danforth avenues area, at approximately 12:10 p.m. on Dec. 15.

Once there, a six-year-old girl was found with burns to her body and clothing. She was taken to hospital suffering burns to 18 per cent of her body. Her injuries are not life threatening but they are serious.

Police were also called to investigate, and it has been determined that the incident was accidental. Details on how the girl’s clothing caught fire were not released.


Did you enjoy this article? If so, you may consider becoming a Voluntary Subscriber to the Beach Metro Community News and help us continue providing the community with more local content such as this. For over 40 years, our staff have worked hard to be the eyes and ears in your community, inform you of upcoming events, and let you know what and who’s making a difference. We cover the big stories as well as the little things that often matter the most. CLICK HERE to support Beach Metro News.